Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Weekend Recap and Back to Zorn!

First of all, it is FREEZING cold, in May?! Due to the extra warm April we've had, I have been mentally prepared for summer time since about March...with 46 degree mornings, I may not survive.

In any case, before the dramatic weather change, this weekend was a great one! I felt exhausted coming into work Monday, just how I like to start off my weeks ;-).

Friday: (work on Zorn - Lasted all of 1.5 hours but it counts)

Back to Zorn I go!

I've decided to move back to Zorn for what feels like the billionth time, I just can't get enough of Zorn, Texas! I tried living in Austin for a year but I just don't like it. I feel envy towards these "austinites" being all trendy doing the trendy Austin things (SUP, Zilker Park, Town Lake, etc). I mean it sounds dandy but I just don't quite fit. I tried the Town Lake one time and it was crazy crowded and all I did was stand in awe in amount of people and all that they were doing, never went back. There are some parts of Austin that are fun, but not enough to keep me living in an apartment where my dog is trapped all day and people continue to try to be "my neighbor". No thank you.

Long story short, I'm moving back to a quieter, calmer, more country scene. I've also decided some renovation is due for my little home...


Taking down most of the dropped ceilings in the house

This is what they look like now...


My bedroom, no more carpet, no more dropped ceiling, new paint job


Overwhelming really...


First room to be changed over and my little helper (Mom) in the back!

Dad is also building a fence and had to handle a rather large plumbing issue, its like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, more updates to follow:).

Moving on with the weekend...

Saturday:
Raquel and I finally stopped being LAZY and got some work done for our continued Fitness endeavours, yay! We talk all week long and then when it comes to our "work days" we don't contact each other knowing that we both don't want to go and just wait until the day passes and then laugh at how we pretend to not be doing  it on purpose, "oops, I totally forgot...dang"!

Saturday night, we went to a River Revival in Martindale and that was fun. Caleb's grandfather helped start this and they continue it each year, very cool. Great food, good singing, testimonies, good stuff. Laura came down to join which made it all that more fun!

Sunday:

Sunday did not start off well...my little Mya/devil dog killed one of my parents cats and they found it in the yard. Then, when I strolled downstairs all chipper and ready for my coffee, my dad informed me I needed to go bury what my dog had done. OMG, can we say sob fest. I couldn't keep it together, luckily dad came and took over. I just can't believe my dog is a secret killer!!! You could lay a cat in front of her and if I'm standing there, she'll pretend she doesn't even see it. Leave her alone with a poor cat and its a different story. BAD DOG!!!!!

After the drama that was my Sunday morning we all packed up and went to the lake to spend some time with the fam. Aunt Patti and Uncle Darryl were in town from Colorado. They are so fun to be around and I wish they would move their little selves to Texas! Super fun day, a little time at the water, played a little chicken foot :),  and watched the norther come through...brrr. Why can't this cold weather bring some rain with it I just don't know.

Back home, with my devil dog constantly in my sights, Laura and I finished the weekend by a good talk to  solve the world's problems. Then right as we were going to bed discovered BIN LADEN WAS DEAD, whoa! Such a historical moment in time...and I found out on Facebook...what a different time we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment