Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beach Visit!

This past weekend, we (me and the boyfriend) went to good ol' Port Aransas for my first beach trip of the year. It was a jolly good time, the weather was fabulous! We got to spend some time with Caleb's siblings (Casee & Clayton) which always turns out to be a good time :).

I love Port A and have loved it since I was a little kid. I think because I had no idea what a "real" beach looked like until I was a teenager I was able to fall in love with the all the glory that is the Island on the Gulf -- beachy locals, seaweed filled sand, not so clear water, and the impending doom that you may step on a sting ray or wash into a jellyfish at any moment...good, clean fun if you ask me!

I don't know what it is about the beach, but that first breath of salty air makes me feel so alive. All worries just fade and I am just happy as a clam. After the boys went fishing, and before the ladies woke up Saturday, I took a stroll through the island and on the beach. It was just what I needed. 


Some of the weekend...didn't take enough pictures, I need a personal photographer!


         AHHH...finally, the beach on a crisp morning :)



     The charming seaweed I was referring to...



I sat on the jetty, just watching the waves and the big ships come in.  I must admit, some great people watching too :)

Our first beach adventure, hopefully many more...

Summer is so close, I can taste it!
 Can't wait for some more fun in the sun~

No comments:

Post a Comment